Last Updated on July 10, 2021
However, advanced your HP printer might be, it may stop printing. It’s not as such that these printers are faulty, but they stop printing due to very minimal reasons that can be easily fixed by following the HP printer Troubleshooting Guide Steps. By following these steps, you will fix the most common issues when the Printer is not printing.
Troubleshooting solutions for Hp printer won’t print issue :
Solution 1: Check HP Printer Status
The very first thing you need t check is your printer status.
- Check the printer display for any error msg.
- The Printer should have papers loaded.
- Check the Printer for any Paper jam.
- Checkout your Pc screen for any Printer related warning or error msg.
- Check your cartridge ink level also check whether the cartridge is aligned correctly or not.
- Check Printer wirings,
If none of the above steps worked, try Hp printer troubleshooting by Power-cycling the hp printer and your Pc. For power-cycling your devices, you need to turn off your Printer and Pc and wait for a few seconds and then turn them back on if your Hp printer is connected wirelessly Powercycle your modem and router as well.
Solution 2: Set Your HP Printer as Default Printer
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Windows 1o will automatically set the last Printer used at the current location to the default printer. However, you can manually change this setting and set the Default Printer.
- Search Printers & Scanners.
In the search box next to the windows button, type Printers & Scanners and select it.
- Unselect “Let windows manage my default printer“.
Remove the checkmark from the box where it says, “Let windows manage my default printer”.
- Select printer.
Click the Printer that you want to set as default and select Manage.
- Set as default.
Click Set as Default.
Your printer is now the default printer. If the issue is still not fixed you can try following Hp printer troubleshooting.
Solution 3: Cancel all HP Printer Jobs
- In the search box next to the windows button, type printers & scanners and select it.
- Click the default printer and select “Open queue“.
- Click Printer at the top and select Cancel all documents.
Solution 4: Clear Print spooler
- In the search box next to the windows logo, type windows Administrative tools and select it.
- Select services.
- Find Print spooler in the list.
- Right-click on Print spooler and select stop.
- Close all windows.
- Now Press Windows Key + E to open file explorer and select C drive.
- Browse following path C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Delete all print jobs in the Printers folder.
- Go back to Print Spooler service and right-click and select Start.
Solution 5: Update HP Printer Driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Select drop-down under Printers and right-click on Printer, and click update drivers> Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for few seconds, and the system will automatically find and update the latest driver online.
If the issue is still not fixed you can try following Hp printer troubleshooting.
Solution 6: Check printer wires
If you are unable to print due to a printer connection issue, follow the below steps.
- Unplug the power cord from the Printer and Computer.
- Unplug the USB cable connecting Printer and computer.
- Replug the USB cable.
- Turn on the computer, then turn on the Printer.
- Try printing a test page and see if the connection issue is fixed.
Solution 7: Hp printer and scan doctor
Hp Printer and scan doctor is a free tool from Hp for the Windows Operating system. You need to download and install the software, select the connection type, and follow the onscreen instructions to fix the issue.
- Download HP printer and scan doctor by clicking here.
- Setup file will download.
- Double click on Setup File and click Run.
- If you get a user account window popup, click on Yes.
- Click on “Start” and follow on-screen instructions.