There can be many reasons why a connected printer will not be printing. Here in the list, we have tried to list all the factors that might be the reason behind the Printer, not printing.
Troubleshooting solutions for Hp printer won’t print issue :
- Solution 1: Due to Bad USB connection
- Solution 2: Power Cycle all devices
- Solution 3: Try a different USB Port
- Solution 4: Check if your Printer is offline
- Solution 5: Set Your HP Printer as Default Printer
- Solution 6: Cancel all HP Printer Jobs
- Solution 7: Clear Print spooler
- Solution 8: Hp printer and scan doctor
Solution 1: Due to Bad USB connection
Check the USB cable for any physical signs of wear or tear. If the USB cable is longer than 6 meters, there are more chances of it being faulty. If you have another USB cord, connect it and check if the issue gets resolved.
Solution 2: Power Cycle all devices
Due to static deposits at the USB cable connector or USB ports, the connected printer might stop printing. Power cycling printer and Pc may fix the issue.
- Turn off Printer and your computer.
- Remove the power cord from the Printer.
- Remove the USB cable from both ends.
- Press and hold the Power button on the Printer to Remove an extra charge.
- Turn on your Printer.
- Reconnect the USB cable.
- Turn on your computer.
- Try printing a test page and see if you get the test page.
Solution 3: Try a different USB Port
There is the possibility the USB port you are using to connect to the Printer has malfunctioned. Try another USB port on PC.
Solution 4: Check if your Printer is offline
Many Printers go offline if the paper, ink or toner is empty.
- Check if the printer tray has papers loaded.
- Sometimes sensors in the paper tray fail to detect the loaded papers. If there are already papers in the tray, take them out, arrange them properly, and reload them in the paper tray.
- To Check the Printer ink level, go to Devices & Printers >select the Printer you want to check the ink level > Ink level is displayed at the bottom of this page. If you are using Hp smart app, open it, and you will see the ink level on the app Homepage itself.
Solution 5: Set Your HP Printer as Default Printer
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Windows 1o will automatically set the last Printer used at the current location to the default printer. However, you can manually change this setting and set the Default Printer. This might help you resolve printer connected but not printing issue.
- Search Printers & Scanners.
In the search box next to the windows button, type Printers & Scanners and select it.
- Unselect “Let windows manage my default printer“.
Remove the checkmark from the box where it says, “Let windows manage my default printer”.
- Select printer.
Click the Printer that you want to set as default and select Manage.
- Set as default.
Click Set as Default.
Your printer is now the default printer. If the issue is still not fixed you can try following Hp printer troubleshooting.
Solution 6: Cancel all HP Printer Jobs
- In the search box next to the windows button, type printers & scanners and select it.
- Click the default printer and select “Open queue“.
- Click Printer at the top and select Cancel all documents.
Solution 7: Clear Print spooler
- In the search box next to the windows logo, type windows Administrative tools and select it.
- Select services.
- Find Print spooler in the list.
- Right-click on Print spooler and select stop.
- Close all windows.
- Now Press Windows Key + E to open file explorer and select C drive.
- Browse following path C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Delete all print jobs in the Printers folder.
- Go back to Print Spooler service and right-click and select Start.
Solution 8: Hp printer and scan doctor
Hp Printer and scan doctor is a free tool from Hp for the Windows Operating system. You need to download and install the software, select the connection type, and follow the onscreen instructions to fix the printer connected but not printing issue.
- Download HP printer and scan doctor by clicking here.
- Setup file will download.
- Double click on Setup File and click Run.
- If you get a user account window popup, click on Yes.
- Click on “Start” and follow on-screen instructions.